On joining the cast:“It’s been really great, because sometimes when you come into a show everyone’s already all tight in a performed group and you feel a bit intimidated but absolutely not at all. I completely feel part of the team, and it’s just fantastic coming into a group of mates that are already formed but welcome other people in as friends.”
On when her character joins the series:
“Fairly near the start, after saying farewell to the third sidekick, I kind of have a bit of a nosey into the lives of the world-saving team and kind of butt my way in!”
Sunday, 31 August 2008
Wednesday, 27 August 2008
In this week’s Doctor Who Adventures you can find out why Dalek Caan was the maddest Dalek of all time in a brilliant monster fact file.
We also share the five best Dalek exterminations so far. They’re a nasty bunch that have blasted loads of people, so it took ages to decide which ones are the meanest!
Remember the Roboform that worked for the Empress of the Racnoss? You can win a Roboform head worth £350, in the first of our three-part competition.
The issue comes with a free Sontaran notebook and pen. Move the notebook and watch the creature lose his helmet – revealing a scary monster beneath! Yikes!
- Interview: Ryan Sampson, who played genius, Luke Rattigan talks about working with Sontarans and his time on Doctor Who.
- Posters! Brilliant pictures of Luke Rattigan, Lucius, Dalek Caan and the Doctor.
- Ultimate Ood: More fascinating Ood facts.
- Tales from the TARDIS: Rose meets the Doctor for the first time.
- Adventure Guide: We look at Warriors of Kudlak from The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- Quiz: Be careful – we’ve got Weeping Angel quiz!
- Comic strip: Part two of Attack of the Mange Mites – the Doctor has been sucked into space.
- Doctor’s Data: All about Bannakaffalatta the little Cyborg.
- Time Teasers: Hidden horror and Odd Hath Out.
- Maze: Save Donna and reach CAL in this week’s quest.
- Woven wordsearch: Win some books!
- Win: The latest Doctor Who DVD and cool books could be yours!
- Subscription offer: Subscribe and you’ll get a FREE Doctor Who TARDIS and Doctor Files.
- ALL THIS AND LOTS MORE!
Due to transmit in 2009 on BBC One, the series – called Torchwood: Children Of Earth – sees the team embarking on a single action-packed adventure as they battle for the future of the human race against the fiercest force they have encountered.
The highly-motivated Torchwood team are John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper and Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones.
Other regular cast involved in their high-octane adventure are Kai Owen as Rhys Williams, Gwen's husband, and Tom Price as PC Andy.
Special guests in the five part series are Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who, The Thick Of It, Skins), who plays the role of Mr Frobisher – a civil servant who is hiding a terrible secret; Paul Copely (Coronation Street, The Bill) as Clem – the survivor still haunted by his past; and Liz May Brice (Bad Girls, The Bill) as Johnson – the cynical covert government agent determined to expose Torchwood.
Russell T Davies said: "The new series of Torchwood is hugely bold and promises to be bigger and better than ever – the audience is in for an amazing ride.
"This series is one big serial and the most ambitious story we've ever made, and we've got plenty of surprises in store."
Julie Gardner, Head of Drama, BBC Wales, said: "We hope to make Torchwood a gripping and surprising TV event with storylines that push our team into greater danger and sacrifice.
"Joining our main cast are some fantastic guest artists who will only add to making this unmissable TV."
The first two series of Torchwood have received global critical acclaim and the hit drama has been sold to more than 20 countries.
The second series of the BBC Wales-produced series, broadcast on BBC Two earlier this year, attracted audiences of around 3.4 million, peaking at 4.2 million for the first episode. Including viewers on BBC Three and BBC iPlayer the consolidated audience was 5.1 million.
When it launched on BBC Three in October 2006, it attracted the channel's highest viewing figures, with an audience of 2.5 million for the first episode.
Torchwood is executive produced by Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner. The producer is Peter Bennett (Doctor Who).
Torchwood is written by Russell T Davies, John Fay (Clocking Off, Coronation Street, Mobile) and James Moran (Doctor Who, Torchwood) and directed by Euros Lyn (best director in BAFTA Cymru TV Awards, Doctor Who, George Gently).
Torchwood is a BBC Wales for BBC Drama Production and was commissioned by Jane Tranter, BBC Controller of Fiction.
Tuesday, 26 August 2008
Monday, 25 August 2008
In July and August, the Radio Times had a poll on which TV programme they would most like to see adapted for the cinema. Doctor Who was the show which had the most votes by the end. The spin-off show, Torchwood became ninth in the list, with other shows like Friends, Red Dwarf and Heroes becoming second, third and fourth. The number of voters amounted to 2,300. Steven Moffat, at the Edinburgh International Television Festival said that he had no objection to making a Doctor Who film. But he did say that, if they were going to make one, it would have to be "great and fantastic", otherwise it just wouldn't be worth doing! He also said that if it was going to happen, he wouldn't want it to interfere with the series, but to keep it going while the film was going on. But he also thought that it's not the most important thing for Doctor Who. He also happened to say, that the next Doctor should not be older. "This is a show that's hard for even the young, super-fit David Tennant to keep up with. It might kill someone over 60," he said. What do you think of this news?
Saturday, 23 August 2008
This model kit is so amazing, it seems that it's from another dimension!
This work features a stunning paper-engineered 3D model of a Dalek, that is designed to be made without the need for scissors or glue.
Friday, 22 August 2008
12:00 and 20:00 The Ark in Space
14:00 and 22:00 Revenge of the Cybermen
16:00 The Pyramids of Mars
18:00 The Face of Evil
12:00 The Pyramids of Mars
14:00 The Face of Evil
16:00 and 22:45 Logopolis
20:00 Warriors of the Deep
12:00 & 22:00 The Movie
17:30 The Caves of Androzani
19:30 The Two Doctors
Invasion of the inflatable Sontarans!
This week’s Doctor Who Adventures comes with a FREE inflatable Sontaran.
Blow up the brutish warrior for an instant monster battle!
Guarding the Sontaran on the cover is an angry Judoon. Inside you can find out more about them and the outer-space police, the Shadow Proclamation.
Be on your best behaviour though – because they don’t like anyone who breaks Galactic Law.
ALL THIS AND LOTS MORE!
- Monster music! Read about the team’s trip to the recent Doctor Who prom.
- Posters! Brilliant pictures of the Doctor, The Sarah Jane Adventures gang, Judoon, and a Sontaran.
- Ultimate Ood: Part two of our guide to the Ood!
- Adventure Guide: Trouble for Sarah Jane in Eye of the Gorgon.
- Tales from the TARDIS: The Doctor and Donna are captured in Planet of the Ood.
- Secrets: How the face of Davros was created!
- Who’s where? Take a trip to Camp Caan and find the Time Beetles.
- Comic strip: Part one of a new adventure for the Doctor and Donna – Attack of the Mange Mites.
- Doctor’s Data: Facts about the Seventh Doctor.
- Time Teasers: Puzzles to strain your brain.
- Woven wordsearch: Win some books!
- Win: DVDs and a radio-controlled car up for grabs.
- Subscription offer: Subscribe and you’ll get a FREE Doctor Who TARDIS and Doctor Files.Doctor Who Adventures issue 78, priced £2.10, is out now! The Sontarans need you to help them with their invasion plans!
Thursday, 21 August 2008
Téte a Tate... in the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine!
Catherine Tate, aka the unforgettable Donna Noble, talks exclusively in DWM 399...
“What’s weird is, I was going into an established, loved, successful show, so part of me was thinking, oh God, there’s a responsibility there to that,” Catherine tells DWM. “But you can’t go on set every day and think, I really hope I don’t ruin this for everyone else involved! You just have to realise, yeah, I’ve taken this job, and the people around me wanted me to do it. Once you get down to the nuts and bolts of making the show, it was absolutely – and I can say this for certain – one of the best experiences of my professional life. Absolutely brilliant. There was just no down point.”
ALSO THIS ISSUE:
Doctor Who Magazine Issue #399 is released on Thursday 21st August priced £3.99.
- She was the the original feisty redhead! Bonnie Langford, aka companion Melainie Bush, talks candidly about her turbulant time on Doctor Who in the 1980s
- Manga Doctor Who? Miss Saigon? And the Doctor and Donna at extra-fast speed? Find out what it all means as Executive Producer Julie Gardner tells us what happened when she went to the USA with new showrunner Steven Moffat, in Production Notes.
- There’s a multitude of adventures for the Doctor and Donna in a very special 10-page comic strip, The Time of My Life, written by Jonathan Morris with art by Rob Davis.
- It’s a close shave for Peri, as The Time Team get their minds warped by The Trial of a Time Lord!
- Pomp and circumstance... and Cybermen! DWM takes an exclusive look at August’s fantastic Doctor Who Prom and talks to composer Murray Gold and the people who made it happen.
- Some of the Doctor’s most fondly remembered companions are back in an all-new series of audio adventures! DWM investigates the range and chats to the Doctor’s very first companion Susan, Carole Ann Ford.
- An alien killer on a space bus? Tthe Doctor on a less-than-relaxing holiday? And bees that are far more intelligent than they appear? It can only be Delta and the Bannermen! Fact of Fiction examines one of the Seventh Doctor’s most extraordinary adventures. It’s tattyfilarious, missus!
- Neil Harris discovers the possible future of Doctor Who in You Are Not Alone...
- Plus all the very latest news, reviews, previews, competitions and much, much more!
Wednesday, 20 August 2008
The Torchwood Archives is an insider's look into the secret world of this unique investigative team. In-depth background on personnel, case files on alien enemies of the Crown and descriptions of extraterrestrial technology collected over the years will uncover more about the world of Torchwood than ever previously known, including some of the biggest mysteries surrounding the Rift in space and time running through Cardiff.
Beautifully designed throughout with full-colour photos and original illustrations, The Torchwood Archives will be an essential guide for all Torchwood fans.
Tuesday, 19 August 2008
Monday, 18 August 2008
Sunday, 17 August 2008
- The Ark in Space - 4th Doctor
- Planet of the Spiders - 4th Doctor
- The Sun Makers - 4th Doctor
- Time Warrior - 3rd Doctor
- The Three Doctors - 1st, 2nd and 3rd Doctors
- Terror of the Autons - 3rd Doctor
- The Hand of Fear - 4th Doctor
- Spearhead from Space - 3rd Doctor
- The Time Monster - 3rd Doctor
- The Krotons - 2nd Doctor
- Green Death - 3rd Doctor
- The Mark of the Rani - 6th Doctor
- Carnival of Monsters - 3rd Doctor
- The Claws of Axos - 3rd Doctor
Saturday, 16 August 2008
Dr Who has come of age, enjoying a huge resurgence, this diary wil include pictures of David Tennant and other cast memebers. So put your key dates for 2009 in your exclusive Dr Who 2009 diary.The diary is due for release on 29th September 2008, at the RRP price of £4.99! This is a follow on from past diaries out every year! You can use it to write all your notes down, while admiring all the lovely Doctor Who pictures inside, which make it that bit more special than a normal diary! Are you going to get the diary?
Please Comment! Thanks!
Friday, 15 August 2008
'You would make a good Dalek.'
'You are an enemy if the Daleks, you must be destroyed.'
Thursday, 14 August 2008
Fearsome females in Doctor Who
In this week’s Doctor Who Adventures there’s a look at some of the most frightening females in Doctor Who. There have been loads throughout the series, and the DWA team have chosen five of their favourites.
We’ve also got a fact file, or should that be fat file about one of the scariest ladies from the last series – Matron Cofelia. Was she really bad or did she just love the Adipose babies too much?
The issue comes with a fantastic free Adipose stationery set – which includes a notepad, pencil, ruler, erasers, clip and stickers.
· Posters! Jabe from The End of the World, the Doctor and deadly Davros!
· Ultimate Ood: Find out more about these creatures in the first of our four-part ultimate guide!
· Adventure Guides: Back in time to The Fires of Pompeii and a Slitheen story with Sarah Jane Smith!
· Tales from the TARDIS: The Doctor says goodbye to Donna and Rose in Journey’s End.
· Win a Cyber Controller head part 3 – worth almost £700!
· Comic strip: A brand-new adventure called Shark Bait.
· Who knows?: The answers to your Doctor Who questions.
· Time Teasers: Mates in a muddle and find the stowaway!
· Woven word search: Find the missing word and win a toy TARDIS.
· Win: Doctor Who DVDs and Lego Star Wars up for grabs!
· Subscription offer: Subscribe and you’ll get a FREE Doctor Who TARDIS and Doctor Files.
· ALL THIS AND LOTS MORE!
DWM has been given exclusive access to all the scripts and shooting schedules, to tell you what was shot when and where; what was left on the cutting-room floor and why; and even the truth behind a few of those rumours that hit the tabloids!
Packed with anecdotes and comments from the men and women who make the programme, script extracts, deleted scenes, and a full list of cast, crew, transmission times and ratings, with hundreds of beautiful and previously unseen photographs, this is the ultimate guide to Doctor Who 2008.
Wednesday, 13 August 2008
The annual quick-read Doctor Who book for this year is called The Sontaran Games, and, naturally, features and old enemy of the Doctor's, the Sontarans. The book is due for release on the 26th Februrary 2009, and will be priced at the usual £1.99!
Every time the lights go out, someone dies...
The TARDIS lands at an academy for top athletes, all hoping to be chosen for the forthcoming Globe Games. But is one of them driven enough to resort to murder? The Doctor discovers that the students have been hushing up unexplained deaths.
Teaming up with a young swimmer called Emma, the Doctor begins to investigate – but he doesn’t expect to find a squad of Sontarans invading the academy!
As the Sontarans begin their own lethal version of the Globe Games, the Doctor and Emma must find out what’s really going on. But the Doctor is captured and forced to take part in the Sontaran Games. Can even a Time Lord survive this deadly contest?
Featuring the Doctor as played by David Tennant in the acclaimed hit series from BBC Television.
Monday, 11 August 2008
The cover (pictured above) for the forthcoming DVD, The War Machines, has been revealed. It is due for release on 25th August, instead of the original release of The Trial of a Timelord, for August! The RRP price for it is £19.99. This story stars William Hartnell as the first Doctor. Will you be buying this DVD?
Friday, 8 August 2008
Thursday, 7 August 2008